There was a time, some 15 years ago, when I had the privilege of training sales across India (mostly Calcutta, Madras, Bangalore, Bombay, Hyderabad). I was so grateful, taking Air India flights, which at the time, had the best meals in the air, taxi to the airport paid for, staying in company guest houses which were fortuitously located in the nicest areas of each city, think Madras Boat Club and Banjara Hills.
After more than 1.5 decades, I did another work trip recently, again to Bombay. It was in mid-June, the rains were relentless, the hotel 5 star, the traffic was mad, the office visit amazing. I felt so much gratitude. Talking to colleagues from other parts of the world, discussing different problems, but also, essentially the same problems.
A dish I tried out for the first time in my life: Pithla - It was delicious.
![]() |
| A relaxing swim in such cloudy weather, a little drizzle blessing |
![]() |
| The view from our office. Cloudy skies and lush greeery. |
![]() |
| I had the opportunity to visit a new factory site. There was the gentlest dog guarding the entrance. |
![]() |
| Just your average scene. |
Bombay will always evoke a warm emotion, a knowing, that Bombay will always evolve, but the city will also always stay the same.



